ATV's and Motorcycles
Can I operate my ATV on the roadway and the ditch?
1. You may only operate an ATV on the roadway or roadway ditch if you are a farmer engaged in farming operations.
2. You must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid driver's license.
3. The ATV cannot be operated at a speed greater that 35mph.
4. You may only operate an ATV between sunrise and sunset.
5. You may operate an ATV on private property only if you have permission from the landowner.
6. ATV's must have and display a valid DNR registration to ride in any park or designated public land or ice.
7. No person under the age of 12 may operate an ATV on any public property, including ATV parks.
8. Persons between the age of 12-17 may operate on designated public lands and ATV parks if they have a valid ATV
9. Persons age 18-up may operate on designated public lands and ATV parks without a valid ATV safety certificate.
10. Riding double is prohibited on ATV's unless the the ATV is designed and manufactured for two persons. Riding double
is prohibited in all ATV parks.
11. A person shall not operate or ride an ATV with a firearm in the person's possession unless it is unloaded and enclosed
in a carrying case.
According to the Iowa DNR there currently is not any public land in Osceola County that an ATV may be operated on.
Osceola County's Conservation Officer is Greg Harson - 1-712-260-1006